Thursday 2 October 2008

The speed of time

Can time even have a speed? Given that speed is distance by time, can the speed of time itself ever be measured? I know my good friends the physicists and engineers will probably find a solution. My non-scientific mind, on the other hand, finds time to be a complete enigma.

It is October already- colours are changing all around and the gas holders nearby are full and standing tall. Change is visible in the tiny details of dry leaves flying aimlessly with the wind and focussed commuters rushing to get back home. Winter preparations are on in full swing. Wasn't it a carefree bright summer day just yesterday?

And yet, things aren't moving fast enough. I am itching for the next phase. What a painful wait it is to slowly observe time plod along, in no hurry whatsoever. Especially when I can barely contain my excitement and eagerness to know more. Timepieces are by far the most inconsiderate objects.

Always too fast or too slow - never just right.

No comments: