Friday 2 January 2015

Lights, bells and hitting the accelerator

Another year bites the dust. Everything feels different, yet not too much. My kids are growing up, Simba is now fast approaching his sixth birthday and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his amazing mind, and awesome flare-ups. Babi has become this gorgeous, smart, clever little girl person. When did this happen? How is it that the little moments slipped unnoticed, leaving in me only a deep sense of joy, like a smile that lingers on? And how do I rationalise the sadness, of my babies growing up, of A and me growing old, of life throwing one challenge after another and the little moments getting over-shadowed by the small, and big, challenges? 
I breathe, and sing, and tickle the children, and laugh, and spend wonderful evenings with cherished friends. We eat, drink, chat about the kids, laugh a lot, listen to beautiful music, enjoy the banter. Steady my heart! As the one and only Alanis Morrisette says, "What it all comes down to, is that everything's gonna be quite alright. "

No comments: