Thursday 8 March 2012

Happy international women's day


This women's day, I am:
  • Enjoying some good old fun time with a woman of tomorrow, my little daughter
  • Thinking about what it means to be a woman, what it means to be me
  • Thinking about what I want to hand down to my daughter, ideas, values and attitudes
  • Smiling, thinking that she will probably have her own ideas and it is so much better that way
  • The choices I have made, and those that I am about to make (a big one looming - watch this space!)
  • Grateful for the education that I have had, enabling me to think for myself
  • Letting the inner woman loose without any pre-designed agenda. At the moment, this female of the species only wants to make, make and make some more.
I am working on a crochet ripple blanket right now. Its taking its time and I am enjoying spending time with it, whatever time I'm able to sneak out for our warm huddles together that is.

What are you thinking of today?

Happy women's day to you!

No comments: