Sunday 30 January 2011

Signing back in

Having juggled more demands lately than I ever thought I could, there came one point when I wondered whether it might be time to quit. Throw my hands up in tired desperation and just fall, letting the earth do the holding and the carrying. If I just collapsed in an exhausted, worried, sad heap of maternal love and helplessness, surely someone else would have to take over.

It was at that point, when everything seemed abysmally gloomy, that the fever dropped. He sweated profusely, one last time, and then started jumping, playing, asking for juice. And didn't stop. What joy, to see him eat after four full days. And now he won't stop jumping, exploring, talking. Things are a lot better. We are all a lot better.

So I decided, I shall leave quitting to another day. Today, there is more work to be done.

Picking some gems from the dust of the last few weeks, A and I managed to see The King's Speech. A very good movie, tightly made, beautifully portrayed. When I close my eyes and think about it now, I always see the therapist's office, and the wall with the plaster falling off, shades of old pista greens, yellows and browns behind the old, faded settee, perhaps embroidered, with its off-white now turned almost grey with use. Beautiful.

We also managed to catch Band Baaja Baarat. I agree with you T, I loved it too, for all its Dilli-ness. It was a well made movie too, bits that could have been better, but hey, when its about Dilli, there is a lot that can be overlooked. A great watch overall. Love the Avain Avain song. Even N likes it loads and laughs every time she says 'Tujh ko sudharoon, jutti main utaroon, sar pe na maroon tere...'

Other than that, Proust continues to accompany me on my commute to and from work. I can't quite find words to describe the impact of this book. It's like someone getting into your head, peeling the layers, straightening the wool and putting the chaos right. Will write about it more another time. At a more appropriate time.

1 comment:

Tess said...

shall add the kings speech to my todo list! :)