Sunday 5 September 2010

Must remember...

It has been a very different weekend from the ones that I usually have. I mean, from the ones that I have gotten used to having. I mean, the ones where being a mum just spills over from weekdays into weekends and back into weekdays. From nights into days and back on into the nights. You get it right?

So it's been a bit different. Got a few hours out to do some no-running-after-toddler adult conversation. It felt super amazing to just be able to talk about something without a thousand interruptions. Or without the fear that the boy is going to walk into traffic. Or fall into the river. Or try to eat a brick or something. You get the picture.

So having had some time out, one came to the conclusion that one makes decisions and then one forgets to stick to them. Like the decision to not get too worked up by the slightest of provocations. Therefore, a 'must-remember' list is in order I'd say.

Having had some time to reflect upon what this list should comprise of, I think I can, pretty much, distill it down to one little thing.

I must remember... to forgive. Not just verbally, but mentally.

And cut the people who are doing a fair job of allowing me this much needed 'me-time' some well-earned slack.

Must remember to do that.

2 comments:

One who has been changed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tess said...

:) yep, so true! shall remind myself too of it!