Wednesday 9 December 2009

Letting go


When N was born, I got so busy with getting things right that I forgot to enjoy his presence. A gently but persistently reminded me that it was more important to have a happy baby and a happy initiation into parenthood. Slowly, I got there. And before I knew it, N had become an extension of my self. It felt really, really good.

In the joy that his presence brought into my life, I again forgot to prepare myself for the next stage. Since I am right this minute in the middle of this next stage, I don't think I can do much justice trying to explain it all. The gist of it is that today I left him alone at the nursery for the first time ever, for one hour. He loved it, but that's not the point, is it?

There were many tears. Mostly mine. All mine actually.

I wish it were easier to let go.

No comments: