Friday 18 September 2009

My two favorites

Left: NRR, the little monkey who takes centre-stage in life. Before I became a mother and during pregnancy, I had several theories and ideas about parenthood and raising a child. So far, everything has gone exactly not as per plan. And I have quickly realised that this is just the beginning of the challenge-ridden adventure called being a parent. Yet, every moment spent with him is sheer delight, and I can safely say that this is my most favoritest monkey and my most favoritest way of spending my time is monkeying around with him.

Right: The Snail and the Whale, this is an absolute beauty. If you haven't read it, you are seriously missing something. And you don't have to be a 6 month old to appreciate the lyrical loveliness of this poem. I read it to A in the kitchen and we read it over and over again, just standing by the hob, not moving, just listening to the magic unfold. It is a bit of a shame that N isn't taking to it as whole-heartedly as his parents, but I think it's only a matter of time before the snail with the itchy foot charms him into submission.

1 comment:

Arun Raman said...

My fav is Dear Zoo!!

What a wonderful little book! Highly recommended indeed!