Thursday 18 September 2008

Miss Pettigrew lives for a day

I've been having a literary adventure! I recently ordered a copy of Miss Pettigrew lives for a day by Winifred Watson, not knowing what I was getting into. The first bit of surprise were the pictures throughout the book (it really is a book with pictures, bet Alice would've skipped the trip to wonderland had she seen this!). The second was the story - what a delightfully wonderful read! I shall not say more. It is simply written, with wit, clarity and a warm insight into the human desire for happiness. It makes for a charming companion through a dull winter evening.

2 comments:

Arun Raman said...

It looks more like a cartoon, eh? Are we preparing for a more pictoral form of reading?

raindrops said...

:-) I never thought of it like that! What a brilliant discovery! You just might be right you know! :-)