Sunday 30 March 2008

Race

Sometimes I ask myself why I waste time on things I know are not going to be worth it, especially given my ongoing and endless complaints about the lack of time. I have no excuse, and shall endeavour to cook up none. It was plain boredom that took A and me to the cinema to see this movie. And it was boredom plus a sense of foolishness that accompanied us back home.

Untrue to its name, this one is an absolutely non-racey movie. The first half almost put me to sleep and had it not been for the tasteless popcorn I wouldn't have bothered to stay awake for the second half, which was better than the first half. Better than crap, that is, nowhere near tolerable, or dare I say, good.

As an aside, what is wrong with Akshaye Khanna? Why is he wasting his life doing the same thing over and over again in less than mediocre films? And Anil... why doesn't anyone tell him that one has had enough of his particular brand of middle-of-the-road comedy and that he is much better applying his immense abilities to more meaty roles? Making Anil hold a banana in one hand and have him say a corny line does serious injustice to his talent and to the intelligence of the audience.

1 comment:

Arun Raman said...

It was absolutely pathetic...a waste of time and a precious resource called the pound sterling!!! I now look forward to Tooting DVDs..which we buy but are never motivated enough to watch!!!