Tuesday 24 March 2009

Sleep

I love sleeping. Have always loved it. Have always needed a little more of it than my family and friends around. Have always felt incapable of functioning normally without adequate amounts of it. Have no idea how people survive with little or none of it.

I miss my sleep sorely.

Despite great help from A in managing night feeds for N, I crave for the time when sleep was undisturbed and not such a rarity, a luxury that must now be stolen or snatched in tiny bits here and there. What would I now give for those lazy Sunday mornings, drenched in sleepy semi-thoughts, warmed by the gentle sun streaming in through the blinds!

And yet, somehow, it all seems alright. One person in the house is sleeping well and just looking at his contented, peaceful sleep is a surprising reward. Sometimes, exhausted at the end of the day, A and I just sit and look at him sleeping. It is an amazing, humbling feeling. And when he smiles in his sleep, all grudges are forgiven!

2 comments:

Arun Raman said...

Its amazing isnt it - the desperation of lack of sleep melts by seeing little N snoring away to glory!Admittedly, it does get difficult to keep awake in the office but the experience of having a little one around is absolutely priceless - well worth the sleeplessness.

raindrops said...

The story of all new parents! :-)