Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snowed in!

Yesterday was day 1 of maternity leave. I was nervous about being alone at home, not knowing what to do with myself and all the time on my hands. I bid a rather sorrowful goodbye to A as he headed for work. Poured myself a glass of orange juice, felt guilty about sulking so, and thought I might go to the balcony and wave a bit more cheerfully to my dear hubby.

The sight that greeted me was quite spectacular. Snow covered everything from road to lamp-post and I saw my neighbour walking back home from the train station. This could only mean one thing - we had been successfully snowed in! Yahoooooooooooooo!

I ran to locate my cellphone and as I pressed the button to call A, he had already walked into the house. With a sheepish grin on his face, he said that all trains had been cancelled, all public transport had come to a freezing halt, and my long-standing dream of us getting snowed in had come true! Nobody was going to work this monday morning!


Well such beautiful opportunities don't come your way often! We had to make the best of it - and we did!

4 comments:

Arun Raman said...

What a day indeed!!Thought of a long day at work and look what we got - a da to work from home amidst all the distractions (and a lot of fun) that comes with a very pregnant best friend!!

Tess said...

What a start! :)

raindrops said...

I know! Of the many starts I might have imagined, this is the last thing I thought I would do on the first day of mat leave! Full term preggers and having roaring fun in the snow! That's definitely a first! :-)

Arun Raman said...

I am back to writing on my blog...lets see how long the new wave lasts...