Friday 2 January 2009

Giggly, tickly, happy new year!

The new year is here
and I must confess,
I haven't prepared
for it's focused hastiness...
32 weeks of little life
safely moves inside of me,
Fear, anxiety and delirious excitement
make me blush bright pinky!
Opposites are the flavours of the season...
hot and cold, sweet and sour,
I have taken leave of sense and reason,
so close, ah! but still so far!
Sitting, sleeping, eating, drinking,
All I think of is you,
you jumpy little thing who
loves to play knock-knock with a kick or two!
Is that a foot?
Is that a knee?
Surely that's the head, can't you see!
Unseen, unheard, unknown as yet
we'll fall in love for sure, wanna bet?

2 comments:

Tess said...

Sweet! :)

A Happy New Year!

raindrops said...

Happy new year to you too! and a big hug! :-)