Wednesday 10 December 2008

A surprise of a shower!

I am given to understand that baby showers are not as popular in Britain as in America and India. In America, the mum-to-be's best friend organises the shower, and in India, the vallakappa ceremony is organised by her family. But what if you are lucky enough to have best friend and family rolled into one? And they decide to treat you to a surprise baby shower, full of fun and games, as well as a traditional ceremony? I'd say, a girl couldn't ask for more!So that is how I spent my Sunday evening. I was told that we were going to some friends' place for a pre-Christmas get-together. So it was rather surprising to see all my buddies gathered around a lovely fire with cheeky grins on their faces! Great spicy Indian food, lots of games, loads of laughter and cute presents - one of the best Sunday evenings I have ever had! And I have to thank my best friend, my wonderful hubby for it. I have some very pretty green and red bangles to show for my evening of fun! Really, I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: