Saturday 14 June 2008

What we see

is what we want to see.
Big news in my office last Monday - no, there's no bonus yet. Apparently the brilliant shoe shop down the street, where you usually find all the women from the office ogling at the beauties on display in the show window and sighing at their prices, has got a sale on. Who cares that we are in the midst of one hell of a pressure cooker situation in the office - stress comes and goes but shoe sales, now that's something to stop and take stock of.
So each lady, and I mean each and every one, paid a visit to the shrine. Given that its a fairly select boutique, we were a tad worried that we might all end up in embarrassingly similar footwear - beautiful but certainly avoidable. And so, to our collective relief, surprise and nirvana-like joy, we all ended up picking up dissimilar foot candy. No two pairs were alike. Beautiful, but different. If only all the rest of the world's problems were this easy to resolve!
I overheard P telling B "oh I just love yours, but I just don't remember seeing them!" You see, we have eyes only for what we are after. And I am in love with my new acquisitions! What a shame I haven't any photos to show for it...

No comments: